Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Soil Microbial Ecologist, Research Triangle Park (RTP), NC
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make an impact and help create a better world. For those around us, for each other and for the next generation. We use science to advance industries, and as part of R&D, you will create and develop the biological answers that will pave the way for a brighter future.
Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Soil Microbial Ecologist, RTP
If you want a career that lets you combine scientific excellence with creativity and commercial value, you could be our new colleague in BioAg Assay Development based in RTP. Working with a team of talented and motivated scientists, your role will be to use your scientific background to develop new and improved assays and screenings which will eventually lead to microbial products as sustainable agriculture. Alongside an in-depth understanding of the scientific principles of soil microbial ecology and biochemistry in an agricultural setting, you are able to see the details in the bigger picture and turn good ideas into great solutions. For a motivated individual looking for a scientific career, this is a fantastic opportunity to realize your personal and professional potential in an international environment.
In this position you need to:
- Have Ph.D. with 0 years’ experience (5 years’ experience for Sr. Scientist) or Master’s and 5 years’ experience (8 years’ experience for Sr. Scientist) on plant-soil-microbe interactions and nutrient cycling.
- Experience with assay development recommended.
- Industry experience with applied microbiology such as agriculturally relevant microorganisms is a plus.
- Knowledge in biochemistry and plant physiology is also desirable.
- Have strong innovation, analytical thinking, and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Be a proven team player with outstanding communication (both written/oral) and networking skills
- Ability to lead a research team, design project experiments and overall direction, and to communicate results and challenges to key stakeholders
- Have the ability to work in the U.S. now or in the future without sponsorship
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in bioinnovation. Together with customers across a broad array of industries, we create tomorrow’s biosolutions, improving our customers’ business and the use of our planet’s resources. With over 700 products used in 130 countries, Novozymes’ bioinnovations improve industrial performance and safeguard the world’s resources by offering superior and sustainable solutions for tomorrow’s ever-changing marketplace.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
City Research Triangle Park, NC
Job Area Research and Development