Craftsman II / Maintenance I&E Technician, Franklinton NC
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will produce and deliver the biological solutions that boost our customers’ business and pave the way for a brighter future.
Craftsman II / Maintenance I&E Technician
As an I & E Technician, you will perform repairs, maintenance, installation, troubleshooting and modification to AC/DC electrical motors and all types of MCC equipment. You will also maintain a variety of electrical equipment like process instrumentation, relays, circuit breakers, electrical tools, and electronic circuits.
- A passion for collaborating with others and the skills to be successful in a team work culture.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with 5 years of industrial maintenance experience required. AA Degree in industrial maintenance or related area preferred.
- Expertise in:
- Repair, maintenance, and installation of electrical equipment such as AC or DC motors, fuses, and circuit breakers.
- Use of electrical/electronic test instruments
- Basic electrical theory
- A good understanding of industrial safety principles, including lockout tag out, confined space, electrical safety, plus competencies of using electrical test equipment.
- Have skills that include welding, mechanical repairs of equipment such as pumps, valves, fans, bearings, couplings, filters, belt drives, gear drives, and mechanical seals.
- Working knowledge of basic lubrication, shaft alignment, demonstrated basic equipment troubleshooting skills, plus preventive maintenance techniques and reliability principles.
- Open to working night shift, including weekend rotations to support a 24 hour operations with 12 hour shifts. Available on a call-in basis
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds unaided, climb stairs, and have appropriate visual acuity.
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in bioinnovation. Together with customers across a broad array of industries we create tomorrow’s industrial biosolutions, improving our customers' business, and the use of our planet's resources. With over 700 products used in 130 countries, Novozymes’ bioinnovations improve industrial performance and safeguard the world’s resources by offering superior and sustainable solutions for tomorrow’s ever-changing marketplace.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Application deadline: October 2, 2016