Craftsman 3 / Maintenance Mechanic
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will produce and deliver the biological solutions that boost our customers’ business and pave the way for a brighter future.
Craftsman III / Maintenance Mechanic– Production Operations – Franklinton, NC
We are looking for a team oriented, self-motivated, and hardworking individual to join our team as a Craftsman III (Maintenance Mechanic) in Production Operations. Your main responsibility will be to perform general repairs and maintenance to plant equipment and facilities, including welding and pipefitting. You will conduct mechanical repairs of equipment that includes pumps, valves, agitators, fans, vacuum pumps, and bearings. In addition to general troubleshooting, you will also be responsible for reliability principles and predictive maintenance.
In this position you need to have:
- A passion for collaborating with others and the communication skills to be successful in a team work culture.
- Be skilled in welding, pipefitting, mechanical repairs of equipment such as pumps, valves, fans, bearings, special process equipment, couplings, filters, belt drives, gear drives, and mechanical seals.
- Must be proficient in basic lubrication, shaft alignment, demonstrated basic equipment troubleshooting skills, plus be proficient in preventive maintenance techniques and reliability principles.
- Additionally you will need skills that include principles of preventative maintenance, industrial pneumatic principles, basic pipefitting, and metal working.
- A good understanding of industrial safety principles, including lockout tag out, confined space, electrical safety, plus competencies of using electrical test equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with 5 years of industrial maintenance experience required. AA Degree in industrial maintenance or related area preferred.
- Open to working night shift, including weekend rotations to support a 24 hour operations with 12 hour shifts. Available on a call-in basis
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds unaided, climb stairs, and have appropriate visual acuity.
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in bioinnovation. Together with customers across a broad array of industries we create tomorrow’s industrial biosolutions, improving our customers' business, and the use of our planet's resources. With over 700 products used in 130 countries, Novozymes’ bioinnovations improve industrial performance and safeguard the world’s resources by offering superior and sustainable solutions for tomorrow’s ever-changing marketplace.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Application deadline: October 2, 2016