Engagement driven activities - corporate citizenship - is part of Novozymes North America's operations.
While our primary focus is bioinnovation, we also want to have a direct and visible impact on the local communities where we operate. We have a network of dedicated individuals who work with students, teachers, and parents in the local school systems to inspire interest in science, engineering and biotechnology. To encourage Zymers to give back, we offer the ability to use wellness time to use for community service or volunteer time. We’ve had Zymers volunteer:
- To help with building homes for families in need.
- At a soup kitchen to help feed the hungry.
- To participate in Adopt-A-Thon which helps educate the public about the importance of spay/neutering as well as helping find homes for animals in need.
- At a domestic violence shelter for victims and their children. Zymers volunteer at the thrift store and help with fundraisers as well.
- To provide turkeys and all the trimmings for families through the local food pantry.
- To hold a jam/jelly drive for local children's food pantry for holiday breaks.
- Adopt families in need to provide them with gifts and food for the holidays.
- Earth Day clean up
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Hold backpack, school supply and winter coat drives to help local children in need
- Food drives for local food pantries
- Run in charity runs for various causes
- Local recycling centers
- Sponsor numerous area teams
- Participate in National Day of Giving