Steen Riisgaard to discuss global biofuels potential in Copenhagen
Experts from around the world meet today in Copenhagen to discuss the potential of biofuels.
Global biofuel and agriculture leaders meet today in Copenhagen to discuss how biofuels can be deployed sustainably, achieve rapid reductions in greenhouse gas emissions, reduce fossil fuel use and spur development.
Growth Energy Co-Chair General Wesley Clark will deliver the key note speech at the Danish Climate Consortium side event Wednesday titled "The Global Potential of Biofuels." The event will also feature a panel discussion with Steen Riisgaard and these global biofuels leaders:
- Jeff Broin, CEO, Poet, United States
- Milkyas Debebe, Managing Director, Gaia Association, Ethiopia
- Jian Li, Director, China National Cereal, Oil & Foodstuff Corporation (COFCO), China
- Niels Henriksen, CEO, Inbicon, Denmark
- Marcos Jank, President and CEO, UNICA, Brazil
- Luciano Pizzatto, Federal Deputy, Brazilian Parliament, Brazil
- Steen Riisgaard, President and CEO, Novozymes, Denmark
- Don McCabe, International Federation of Agricultural Producers, France
“Biofuels are essential to limit CO2 emissions in the transport sector. They can readily be implemented into current infrastructure and can deliver up to 90% CO2 reductions compared to gasoline. Biofuels create green jobs and economic growth, and they reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. The world cannot afford to overlook this potential,” said Steen Riisgaard, CEO of Novozymes.
Novozymes, the world leader in bioinnovation, has developed enzymes for the production of conventional and advanced biofuels. Novozymes is currently working with partners around the world to commercialize advanced biofuels based on agricultural waste.
The event takes place 3:00-4:30 pm CET Wednesday December 16, 2009, at Climate Consortium Denmark’s area, Center Hall, Bella Center. The event will not be webcasted as earlier planned.