Met52 EC & Met52 Granular
Met52 EC is a bioinsecticide containing spores of the pathogenic fungus Metarhizium anisopliae for the control of thrips, mites, whiteflies, ticks and aphids. It is a naturally occurring fungus, meaning it has not been genetically modified.
How does it work?
Suspended spores of Metarhizium anisopliae need to come in contact with the targeted pests. The spores attach to the surface of the insect, germinate and penetrate the exoskeleton and grow inside the pest. Death of target pest may take several days.
How do I use it?
Met52 EC can be sprayed onto foliage or applied as a soil drench once mixed into water. Since the fungus needs to infect the pest by contact, coverage of all leaf surfaces or soil profile is critical. See the product label for complete details.
Key benefits of Met52 EC
- Biological insecticide
- Easy to use
- Competitive efficacy with chemical insecticides
- No re-entry interval
- No post-harvest interval
- Fully suitable as part of an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program
- No known resistance making it a valuable tool for insecticide resistance management
What can Met52 EC be used for?
Met52 EC can be used on a variety of crop types – please click on the country listing (table below) to view the label for applications and use instructions.
|U.S.: Met52 EC Booklet-1L|
|U.S.: Met52 EC Booklet-237 ml|
|Canada: Met52 EC Booklet Label-1L|
Met52/BIO1020 granular is a bioinsecticide containing the fungus Metarhizium anisopliae strain F52 for use against black vine weevil (BVW) larvae (also registered on thrips in Denmark).
Met52/BIO1020 granular has been authorized in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Switzerland, and UK for the following crops, both in regular soils and in containers:
- Strawberries, blackcurrants and red, white or blue gooseberries, brambleberries and/or raspberries
- Tree nursery crops and perennial plants
- Flower crops and potted plants
Potential benefits from using Met52/BIO1020 granular:
- No known resistance
- No chemical residue or harvest restrictions
- No toxicological classification
- Compatible with IPM programs as the preventive tool of the program
- Registered for organic farming in some countries
This product is subject to an authorization in the country of use. Please click on the country listing below to view the label for applications and use instructions.
Download product labels and descriptions here:
|U.S.: Met52 Granular Booklet-10kg|
|Canada: Met52 Granular Label-10kg|
Novozymes BioAg will be handling all Met52 requests and orders. Please contact Dean Thome at Novozymes BioAg for further information.Dean Thome