From increased corn oil yields to reduced fouling, a variety of process enhancement solutions can help meet your plant’s operational goals. Read about some of our offerings below.
Our cereal-specific Viscozyme® products give you the flexibility to choose your most convenient raw material and still achieve low operating costs and high ethanol yield.
Novozymes Olexa® - Release more
Olexa® is the first enzyme uniquely designed for oil recovery. Olexa® releases 15% more oil for extraction, increases ethanol yield by 2%, and reduces use of natural gas by 2%. It goes deep to break through the oil-binding protein layer of oleosomes to release more oil for extraction.
Realize serious energy savings
As more oil and ethanol are produced, the amount of natural gas needed to dry wet distillers grains can be reduced. In our industry-scale Olexa® trials, our customers saw on average 2% energy savings.
Robust, low-risk investment
Compared to capital investments, Olexa® comes with very little risk. Through our low-risk trial program, you can determine the exact value for your plant before committing to invest. And Olexa® offers significant immediate payback, helping you maximize the earning potential of your corn – fast.
Ensuring smoother plant operations
The effects of fouling can cost ethanol plants time and money. Fouling reduces the efficiency of heat exchangers, which increases natural gas usage, and can cause downtime in production. Fouling also can require additional sulfuric acid and/or hydroblasting.
Added to fermentation, Phytaflow eliminates metal chelating properties and directly reduces fouling at heat exchangers, distillation columns and evaporators. This leads to:
- Chemical savings - Reduced sulfuric acid at distillation columns and evaporators
- Energy savings - Improved efficiency of heat exchanger lowers amount of natural gas used
- Dose flexibility - A separate product addition during fermentation means you can control and optimize dose
Boosting both ethanol capacity and profitability
Producing fuel ethanol from cereals such as wheat and triticale can present quite a challenge. Non-starch polysaccharides, such as arabinoxylans and other pentosans, create high viscosity. Such viscosity limits the dry substance level in the process, increasing energy and water consumption and lowering ethanol yield. Non-starch polysaccharides further negatively impact downstream processing by reducing the efficiency of separation, evaporation, and heat exchange.
The Viscozyme solutions can enable your plant to overcome these challenges and offers benefits:
Flexible raw material choice
- Enjoy the reduced viscosity level of non-starch polysaccharides while reducing process variations due raw material changes
- Use wheat and triticale independently or in conjunction with other raw materials
Increased ethanol production capacity
- Boost ethanol output due to more dry substance in the mash
Reduced overall operating costs
- Save energy as the higher dry substance levels means that less water has to be heated, cooled, and evaporated
- Benefit from better heat exchange operations due to better mash flow