The next generation of lactase
Novozymes Saphera® is the only lactase on the market that achieves
- Better control of lactose elimination
- Better sweetness stability during product shelf life of sweetened lactose-free dairy products
- Improved suitability in fermented dairy products
Originated from Bifidobacterium bifidum, Saphera® has many advantages:
- Better control of lactose elimination – With Saphera®, the desired lactose level can be more precisely measured and easily reached.
- Sweetness enhancement – Due to the formation of galactose and glucose, Saphera® enables dairy producers to reduce the amount of added sugars and still achieve the same degree of sweetness in lactose-free dairy products. This offers the opportunity for cleaner, more attractive product labels.
- Sweetness stability in sugared dairy products – With Saphera®, producers are able to maintain a stable level of sweetness and taste during the shelf life of sugared dairy products. This is due to the absence of invertase side activity.
- Improved suitability in fermented dairy products – Saphera® is uniquely well suited for yogurt production, better than conventional yeast-based lactases. This is due to Saphera®’s pH and temperature profile, and the absence of invertase and amylase side activities.
- Clean taste – Saphera® is exceptionally pure. This purity reduces the risk of off-flavors during shelf life and provides a pure, clean and consistent natural milk flavor, particularly useful in dairy products with a long shelf life.
Broad application – Saphera® is applicable for a broad range of dairy products including fresh, ESL and UHT milk, milk drinks, cream, ice cream, fermented dairy products and dulce de leche.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or seek specific product information.