Designed for performance
Our flexible suite of products for biofuels and biogas is designed with your plant's performance in mind.
Enzymatic catalysis in biodiesel
The Novozymes Avantec® and Novozymes Liquozyme® portfolios of alpha-amylases deliver benefits in liquefaction.
- 70-90% lower nitrogen inputs
- Up to 15% more corn oil yield
- 2-3% ethanol yield improvement
- Significant viscosity enhancement
- Optimized throughput improvement
- Total removal of stand-alone protease
- Low pH viscosity reduction at low usage cost
- Reliable viscosity reduction for a broad range of operation conditions
- Broad pH range – pH 5.0-6.0
- Enables higher solids through superior viscosity break
- Available in super-concentrated formulations
The Novozymes Spirizyme® portfolio
of fiber-degrading glucoamylases deliver benefits in saccharification.
Choose the robustness in starch conversion and fermentation efficiency that suits your plant’s performance goals.
• Releases bound starch from beneath the cell wall
• 2% ethanol yield improvement
• Increased corn oil yields
• 2% natural gas reduction
• Works well with longer fermentation times
The Novozymes Viscozyme® portfolio of viscosity- reducing xylanases deliver benefits in process enhancement.
• Superior viscosity reduction above 80°C
• Heat stable xylanase for viscosity reduction
• Higher ethanol production
• Lower operating costs
• Flexible temperature use below 80°C
Novozymes Eversa® is an enzymatic alternative for biodiesel production.
With Eversa®, sulphuric acid is unnecessary, even for biodiesel feedstocks with high free fatty acids (FFAs) like palm oil.
Eversa® also delivers additional benefits in biodiesel production.
• Suited for high FFA levels
• Eliminates need for sulphuric acid and sodium methoxide
• Feedstock flexibility
• Lower energy and methanol costs
• Higher yields or higher capacity
• Increased safety
• Higher-quality glycerin
Novozymes BG Max® is a unique microbial biogas production product that:
• Improves biogas production by 37% for an improved energy balance
• Reduces operating costs
• Improves performance
• Simplifies operations
• Improves cost-effectiveness