What is cellulosic ethanol?
How do enzymes help?
Cellulosic ethanol: An important part of the future energy mix
The latest IEA World Energy Outlook forecasts a significant increase in cellulosic ethanol production over the next five years. IEA predicts conventional biofuel production will increase by more than 16% from 2016 levels to reach 159 billion liters by 2022, while production of advanced biofuels such as cellulosic ethanol is expected to increase sevenfold by 2022.
With Novozymes Cellic®, you can optimize your pretreatment, hydrolysis and fermentation processes and secure the lowest total cost of producing cellulosic ethanol for your plant.
- Reduction in total ethanol fuel production costs
- Great process and substrate versatility
- Increase in biomass-to-sugar conversion
- Decrease in enzyme dosing
- Increase in total solids loading
- Reduction in hydrolysis time
- Reduction in severity of pre-treatment