What is desizing?
How can enzymes help?
Throughout textile manufacturing history, several different compounds have been used to size fabrics. Starch is the most common agent and has been used for more than 100 years. Starch-degrading enzymes work well for desizing fabrics because they can remove the coating without damaging the yarn.
In pre-treatment, Novozymes Aquazym improves dyeing and fabric strength and cuts chemical and water consumption by removing starch-based sizes before dyeing.
Learn more about Aquazym®
Novozymes Aquazym® is an effective amylase for the complete removal of starch-based sizing agents in textile manufacturing processes. Since it only targets the starch, it does not negatively affect the cellulose as is the case with oxidative methods of desizing.
Novozymes Aquazym® Benefits include
- Effective solubilization and removal of starches
- Available for all temperature and pH ranges
- No aggressive chemicals needed, thus maintaining the fabric strength
- Safe handling and operation
- Improved wettability
- Improved fabric quality
- Reproducible performance and ease of use
Want to learn more about Aquazym®? Contact us below.