Denim abrasion and finishing with enzymes
90% less water with Novozymes DeniSafe®
Business opportunity in sustainable processing
New opportunities arise in denim abrasion and finishing with the right machines and enzymes. Laundries can differentiate their products to brands. And brands can make new sustainability claims to consumers.
A family of solutions for sustainable textiles
Don’t take our word for it
Denim abrasion with enzymes
• Provides a high color-contrast finish, high color pull and a low degree of back-staining
• Reduces equipment wear and tear compared to washing with pumice stones
• Is available for temperatures as low as 30°C and for combined de-sizing and abrasion (single process step)
Learn more about denim processing with enzymes
Novozymes Denilite® allows for a safer, more stable and faster denim bleaching process even without damage to stretch fibers when compared to traditionally bleached denim.
Novozymes Denilite® Benefits
- Cuts chemical use to improve effluent quality
- Easier to use: bleaching stops automatically after 15 minutes
- Improves garment contrast and enhances abrasion effect
- Excellent anti-back staining properties
- Available for use at room temperature
- No damage to stretch fibers
In denim abrasion, Novozymes Denimax® cuts water, energy and heat costs and gives a great stone-washed look.
Novozymes Denimax® Benefits
- Provides a high color contrast finish, high-color pull and a low degree of back staining
- Cuts water consumption by up to 95 % and energy consumption by up to 50 %.*
- Reduces equipment wear and tear*
- Available for temperatures as low as 30°C and for combined de-sizing and abrasion (single process step)
- Available for water saving spray application for DeniSafe® certified machines
*Compared to conventional stonewashing with pumice stones
Want to learn more about Denimax®? Contact us below.