Senior Scientist, Applied Research for Household Care, Beijing China
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about developing biological solutions for household care? Then you might be our new Senior Scientist.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Senior Scientist to explore the application of some of the smallest components on earth - enzymes and microorganisms for industrial products and processes to make them faster, more efficient and more sustainable.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Independently planning, carrying out and reporting laboratory studies as part of project plans, or taking on Project Leader responsibilities for global or regional projects in complex nature when appointed
- Defining, analyzing and solving complex technical problems via new methods/equipment and competencies development and implementation through close collaboration with Novozymes R&D teams in Denmark and other sites
- Scouting for innovation opportunities with a cross functional team composed of R&D, Marketing, Technical Service, Sales and other supporting units
- Contributing to the development of department strategies, supervising Research Associates, Lab Assistants or students to secure fast, efficient and prioritized solving of tasks
- Establishing and maintaining a network with selected universities and customers
- Securing information flow on safety rules and quality management
To succeed you must hold:
- Master or PhD degree in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Chemistry or related subject areas with years of proven research experience. Working experience in enzyme and microbe development, digital tool development or application is preferred.
- Result orientation and customer centricity
- Proven analytical mind and curiosity towards new technologies
- Strategic thinking skills
- Proficient English skills
- Sharp communication skills and strong team spirit
- Ability to do business travels when needed
This job will be located at Beijing, China
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: 15 November 2020
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not
afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility
to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at www.novozymes.com/en/careers. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.