Scientist - QES - RTP, NC
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Scientist in Microbial Assay Development
In the role of Scientist within Microbial Assay Development, you will be responsible for overseeing the development of Quality Control assays, their corresponding transfer into world-wide QC labs, and the design and governance of stability trials required for product launch. In this role, you will act primarily as a subject matter expert to provide experimental oversight to lab specialists and QC personnel. You will be responsible for working with and communicating to diverse stakeholders (R&D/Commercial/Pilot, etc) as the technical expert regarding method development and will work with regulatory and QC/QA stakeholders to understand regional regulatory and compliance requirements needed for method development. Working knowledge in applying statistics to complicated/variable data sets would make you a highly desirable candidate.
Welcome to Quality, Environment, & Safety
We support the entire organization by knowing the right quality from early research to the end customer. We digitize, automate and simplify to have efficient processes, ensuring speed in our services and deliveries. We work consistently to have healthy, motivated, and proud employees.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Being accountable for meeting key deliverables (site training & stability trial launch) in line with product launch timelines and being able to risk manage changing timelines.
- Being responsible for experimental design and data analysis, with oversight of lab specialists and QC personnel; perform in lab work as needed to meet deliverables.
- Providing technical feasibility input on microbial activity, titer, performance, and contaminant design based on regulatory, commercial, and compliance requirements for a diverse portfolio of products (Bio-agriculture, Feed, Household care, Bioethanol)
- Designing stability trials and performing statistical analysis based on regional regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Delivering clear and concise scientific and statistical communications to diverse stakeholders (internal or customers)
- PhD in related discipline with 1+ years’ experience, Masters with 3+ years’ experience, Bachelors with 5+ years’ experience.
- Working knowledge of experimental design, development, and statistical verification/validation
- Work related experience in industry, including developing testing methods to support QC or operations.
- Regulatory or QC/QA knowledge of Bio-agriculture, Feed, Biofuel, or similar microbial markets.
- Demonstrated success in an industry setting analyzing/validating novel microbial technologies/assays in regulated environments with ability to work on multiple projects.
- Experience working with AOAC/ISO or similar standard methods.
This job will be located at Research Triangle Park, NC.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: April 21, 2021
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at Novozymes.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.