Research Associate in Protein Chemistry, Beijing
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about Protein Chemistry? Then you might be our new Research Associate
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Research Associate in Protein Chemistry, Beijing
You will primarily perform routine to technically more diverse and sophisticated laboratory experiments under the direction of scientific supervisor. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Welcome to R&D China
Where we discover new enzymes for our enzyme and microbe-based solutions. We combine a global collaborative mindset and a passion for science to create break-through innovation solution.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Carry out lab studies including screening, purifying and charactering novel enzymes.
- Evaluate experimental results with relevant data analysis tools. Identify and solve problems if there is any. Interpret and summarize results to make internal reports/presentations after reviewed and approved by senior staff.
- Contribute to studies and projects. Plan experiments together with staff scientist to meet overall project goals. Optimize experiments flow and methods to improve efficiency.
- Keep accurate, detailed, and up-to-date lab records in laboratory notebooks, spreadsheets, databases.
- Maintain purification and analytical equipment in good working condition through calibration, regular maintenance, upgrades, and necessary repairs.
- Be able to multitask as well as prioritizing tasks if necessary.
- Take ownership of assigned activities to achieve high quality results and demonstrate a positive team-working attitude on a consistent basis.
To succeed you must hold:
- MS degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related scientific discipline.
- Hands-on experience with protein purification.
- Interested in carrying out laboratory bench work.
- Experience with enzymes screening or characterization.
- Good communication skills, excellent English and enthusiastic personality with a passion for science and scientific approach.
This job will be located at Beijing
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: Apr. 15th, 2021
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not
afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility
to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at www.novozymes.com/en/careers. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.