Scientist (Grain Milling R&D) - Franklinton, NC
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about innovation and industrial biosolutions? Then you might be our new Scientist in Grain Milling.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Scientist, Grain Milling R&D, Franklinton NC
Have you ever wanted to make a difference to the challenges we all face in this world, e.g. find sustainable solutions to save energy and water? This is your chance. We are seeking a passionate and energetic scientist to join our Grain Milling Application Research Competency Center at our North American headquarters Franklinton NC.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Working in the agile and cross-functional innovation team to develop new sustainable biological solutions to our customers in grain milling industries.
- Leading pipeline project from concept validation to product launch with a group of enthusiastic scientists and associates from global organization.
- Planning, driving and executing project activities to meet milestone within the timeline.
- Working closely with marketing, technical service and customers on scaling-up.
- Developing relevant assays/tools and running experiments in the lab.
- Generating deep insights on substrate, process and application, and identifying technical gaps and developing solutions to close them.
- Mentoring research associates in the project.
To succeed you must hold:
- Master or higher in related field, e.g. biochemical or agricultural engineering, grain science, biochemistry or biotechnology.
- Strong project leadership skills, good at driving and executing project activities within the timeline, experienced in working cross-functional team, knowing how to closely work with business developer.
- Excellent communication skills, great ability to present or deliver clear messages to team members and stakeholders, having experience in working with customers or external partners.
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills, and very capable of translating concepts into experiments and developing relevant assays and tools in the lab.
- Experience in enzyme technology, grain milling processes, and data management and digitalization are highly appreciated.
- A great team player, flexible, collaborative and willing to take new challenges.
This job will be located at our North American headquarters Franklinton, NC.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: April 30th
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not
afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility
to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at www.novozymes.com/en/careers. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.