Plant Operator - Ottawa, Canada
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about making a difference in the world through hard work and determination? Are you a problem solver and interested in being an active participant in a cross functional and dynamic team? Then you might be our new Operator.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Production Operator
As a Production Operator you will be performing on operating lines to ensure that products are being sent to the distributor/customer in an organized and timely fashion. The Production Operator will operate on different types of production machinery and manage the packing and labelling on finished products for distribution. In a team environment you will work with your colleagues and managers to make product to meet sales demands.
Welcome to Supply Operations
We are a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that focused on efficiency while working closely to sustain the growth and development of our team. We strive for excellence through our touch values and we focus on bringing out the best of everyone. We believe a collective and consistent effort is required for success. More importantly, we know success can be accelerated when an open mind is kept and the willingness to be flexible is achieved.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Carries out a diverse set of operational duties that are assigned by the team leader, including running the equipment, plant cleaning and chemical receiving. Coordinates the work activities of other manufacturing groups.
- Notes and communicates anomalies to the team leader. Troubleshoots equipment and makes necessary changes to ensure efficiencies. Suggests corrective actions whenever possible. Oversees the work of more junior operators.
- Can follow trends to predict failures or off spec running conditions and/or process materials
- Ensures that appropriate paperwork is completed for the assigned unit or task, including requisitioning material from the warehouse if raw materials are taken.
- All paperwork must be filled out completely with written explanation when areas/fields cannot be completed and handed in the the shift Point before the end of shift
- Ability to operate on production equipment, including forklift
- Grade 12 diploma with basic computer knowledge and good math skills
- Must be able to follow instructions detailed in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work under minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of production equipment, understanding of manufacturing processes, previous experience, farm experience and/or forklift experience are definite assets
This job will be located at Ottawa, Ontario
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: April 25, 2021
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not
afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility
to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at www.novozymes.com/en/careers. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.