PhD student research position in EU project Aromagenesis, F&B Bagsværd
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of the Food & Beverages division, you will provide biological solutions that help improve what the world eats and drinks.
PhD Student Research Position in EU project Aromagenesis, F&B, Bagsværd
The PhD position at Novozymes A/S is funded by the AROMAGENESIS Innovative Training Network within the Horizon 2020 framework and the candidate is expected to perform a research project according to the proposed work packages of AROMAGENESIS, with the objective of preparing a PhD thesis in collaboration with Novozymes and the University of Copenhagen. Start date of the project will be May 2018
Project AROMAGENESIS will bring together the expertise of researchers in both academia and industry with the strategic aim of generating new yeast strains with novel and unique sensory flavor characteristics. The project will provide training and education of the next generation of scientists in the areas of yeast fermentation processes, physiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, genomics and synthetic biology, through a unique interdisciplinary and intersectoral project using cutting edge technology at the leading edge of food and beverage science.
The PhD project will have a strong interdisciplinary nature, with the research being performed in Novozymes’ Brewing Research Group in interaction with our consortium partners in the European Union funded Marie Curie Innovative Training Network (ITN). Furthermore, the successful candidates will participate in all network events incl. workshops at the partner organizations to acquire practical and personal skills.
In this position you need to:
- Hold a MSc with experience in biotechnology, flavor chemistry, brewing science, biochemistry or equivalent.
- Pass the eligibility criteria for Marie Curie Actions (see below).
- Have experience in fermentation technology, analytical technologies such as HPLC and GC-MS and knowledge of yeast biology is not strictly required, but it will be prioritized.
- Be stimulated by challenging scientific and technical problems and have a highly motivated, persistent and result-driven attitude.
- Be able to work well both independently and in a team environment, with a sense of responsibility.
- Possess excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Have a multitasking, flexible mindset and excellent coordination skills for multiple activities.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
Ranked #2 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2017.
Eligibility criteria for the PhD position:
a. The applicant shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organization, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
b. Mobility Rule: at the time of recruitment by the host organization, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the reference date.
For more information please contact Senior Department Manager, Mette Frederiksen on +45 3077 0948, firstname.lastname@example.org or Alexander Mauch on +45 3077 0104, email@example.com.
Application deadline: 23 March 2018.
Please submit the following attachments, when you apply:
- Your CV
- Comprehensive details of academic portfolio
- A concise statement of the reason for applying/motivation letter