Business Development Manager, Water Platform
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Household Care & Technical Industries, you will take part in providing game-changing biological solutions that improve industrial processes and everyday products from textiles to detergents.
Business Development Manager, Water Platform, Bagsværd Denmark
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, they improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives.
Novozymes launched a new strategy in June 2019 – better business with biology. One of the growth platforms in the largest business division Household Care and Technical Industries has been identified as the Water Platform. Novozymes invests significantly in R&D and has developed innovative biological solutions for the waste water and biogas industry. The Water Platform business is expected to grow significantly in the coming years.
To accelerate this journey, Novozymes are looking for an ambitious Business Development Manager to enable the growth of the Water Platform.
Your key areas of responsibility will include developing new business and bringing new products to market. You will also develop and mature new products (commercial aspects) together with R&D and develop and execute launch strategy together with the Sales Organization. Driving progress of key channel partnerships from initiation (new products and trials) to commercial launch will be your responsibility. You will also monitor the market, identify new business areas and develop venture opportunities for collaboration.
You will be challenged by managing a high number of responsibilities simultaneously across many stakeholders. One important aspect in being successful in this area is to work closely with R&D to sufficiently understand the technical details and translate them into commercial opportunities.
The job will be based out of Denmark (Bagsværd) on local employment terms. The position will report to the Head of the Water Platform. You will be part of the Marketing & Business Development team which consists of three people.
In this position you need:
- Have a business or technical/biological education at Master level ideally combined with an MBA or similar
- Experience from a top tier strategy consultancy firm is an advantage
- Biological background or waste water experience is preferable
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing new business, ideally in an R&D intensive industry. Business and commercial savviness is a must
- A strong analytical and structured approach to problem solving. You have a high level of drive and are motivated by seeing the implementation and results of your work. You must be versatile, being able to bridge commercial opportunities with technical capabilities.
- Be a team player and be able to work independently with responsibility for shaping and driving your own projects You are persistent and can handle many tasks simultaneously while maintaining focus and a positive attitude also in times of changing priorities and uncertainty. You walk the extra mile to make the project succeed.
- Great organizational and communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English and comfortable user of relevant digital tools
- Capability and willingness to travel as needed (20-40 days per year)
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s unfold your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com.
For more information about the position, please contact Head of the Water Platform, Jesper Haarh, tel. +45 3077 3782.
Application deadline: 1 October 2019.
Please attach your CV, cover letter and diploma(s) when you apply online.