Our financial targets give us a clear prioritization of our capital allocation as we continue to invest in our established business – in people, innovation, and capacity – to protect and generate value from our core. We also continue to look at M&A opportunities which support our strategic journey or accelerate technology or capability building. We believe this sets us up for long-term growth beyond the strategy period to 2025 and have therefore defined an ambition to double sales by 2030 vs 2020.
Double sales by 2030 vs 2020.
- Sales: In the period to 2025, we strive to grow our sales organically by a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5% or higher.
- Profit: In the period to 2025, we aim to have an EBIT margin of 26% or higher, and ROIC including goodwill of 20% or higher.
Zymers & Society
We are committed to continuing to develop our employees, also called Zymers, in a thriving, diverse and inclusive community.
We strive for an inclusive and diverse organization. We aim to achieve that by nurturing a culture of inclusion and belonging, where Zymers can be themselves, and by fostering equity in all aspects of employment. By 2030, we seek to achieve gender balance* and mirror the societies in which we operate.
- Nurture diversity: Achieve a score of 86 on our diversity index by 2022
We take pride in a workplace where Zymers can stay safe, thrive, and grow. We achieve that by ensuring Zymers’ safety, promoting mental and physical wellbeing, supporting our Zymers across different life stages as a compassionate employer, and boosting Zymers’ learning and skills development.
- Ensure safety and wellbeing: Three year rolling average of occupational injuries with absence** ≤ 1.5 by 2022
- Excite employees: Achieve a score of 81 on our Zymer Spirit index by 2022
- Enable learning: Achieve a score of 80 on learning in our annual employee survey by 2022
We pride ourselves on having a culture of changemakers. We do that by continuing to pledge 1% of our time to community outreach, helping educate the next generation and enabling Zymers to live more sustainably.
- Inspire the world: Pledge 1% of our time to local outreach activities by 2022
* Gender balance means that, at a minimum, we will have 45% women and 45% men across all professionals and in senior management
** Defined as a three-year rolling average of lost time injuries per million working hours
As a responsible producer, we are committed to holding ourselves accountable for our environmental footprint. We are on our journey to carbon neutrality by 2050, committed to high standards and ambitious actions to improve our footprint on climate, water, and circular waste management.
We continue our commitment to Science Based Targets (SBT) and to achieving Net Zero by 2050. With the new SBT guidance in 2021, we raised our ambition to 50% reduction* in absolute emissions from operations & supply chain (Scopes 1+2+3) by 2030, previously 50% from operations and 15% from purchased goods and services*. We continue our commitment to purchase 100% renewable electricity by 2030.
- By 2022, reduce absolute CO2 emissions* from Novozymes’ operations by 40%
We are committed to having 100% of our sites** manage water in balance with local conditions by 2030. We are also working to pioneer a science-based approach to water stewardship. We will focus on what matters locally and help our communities.
- By 2022, develop context-based water management programs at 100% of Novozymes’ sites**
We are committed to ensuring that zero waste from our operations is sent to the landfills by 2030 through active site-specific waste management.
- Achieve 100% circular management of our biomass by 2022
- Develop plans for circular management of 100% of key packaging materials by 2022
- Develop programs to reach zero waste by 2030 at 100% of our sites** by 2022
* Compared to a 2018 baseline
** The targets do not include sites with activities not considered to have a significant environmental impact, e.g. sales offices, R&D labs, etc.
Our World targets oblige us to strengthen the positive impact our solutions have on the world, specifically when it comes to climate, water resources and waste.
Our strategy, Unlocking growth – powered by biotech, starts with our long-term 2030 commitments to a healthy planet. We seek to deliver solutions that help accelerate towards a climate-neutral society, transform food systems, and enable healthier lives. Our 2022 World targets, defined in 2019, are milestones for our journey to deliver on our long-term commitments. In our Annual Report, we disclose our contribution by revenue to each of our commitments.
- Climate: Save 60 million tons of CO2 by enabling low-carbon fuels in the transport sector in 2022 /li>
- Reach >4 billion people by providing laundry solutions in 2022 that replace chemicals
- Production & consumption: Gain 500,000 tons of food by improving efficiency from farm to table in 2022