It's time to celebrate excellence
The Novozymes Award for Excellence in Biochemical and Chemical Engineering is made to a distinguished Chemical or Biochemical Engineer.
The Novozymes Award for Excellence in Biochemical and Chemical Engineering
The award is established in honor and appreciation of the contributions of Professor John Villadsen to education and research in chemical and biochemical engineering.
The winner is selected by a panel headed by Jens Nielsen, Professor at Chalmers University of Technology and CEO of BioInnovation Institute. The winner will be announced at an award ceremony at the Technical University of Denmark in June 2023.
Nomination form must be received no later than December 1st, 2022 for the 2022 award –
For 2022, the prize is accompanied by a monetary award of 100.000 Danish kroner.
Selection of awardees is based on the following criteria:
- Innovation through research, education, or practice of chemical and biochemical engineering.
- Contributed to successful development of new products, processes or services.
- Research at the interface of chemical or biological science and engineering.
- Significant publication, patents, or technology development in the field.
- Demonstrated economic or social impact through innovation or practice of chemical and biochemical engineering. Economic impact includes gross revenues generated by a new product or process, cost savings made possible by a new process, reductions in environmental impact, or benefits to health and safety in the workplace, or of consumers and patients.
2015: Professor emeritus John Villadsen, Danish Technical University
2016: Professor Bernhard Palsson, Danish Technical University
2017: Professor Gregory Stephanopoulos, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
2018: Professor Matthias Reuss, University of Stuttgart
2019: Professor James C. Liao, Academia Sinica
2020: Jeff Lievense, Genomatica, USA
2021: Professor Christina Smolke, Stanford University
Got any questions?
For any questions related to the award or nomination process, please contact:
Mikael Rørdam Andersen, Executive Assistant to the CSO of Research & Technology: email@example.com