Does your biocatalysis toolbox have the variety you need?
Deploy a range of catalases, peroxidases and laccases to achieve greater reaction output in a more responsible way.
Future-proof your products with green chemistry
Conventional fine chemicals often suffer from a number of unsustainable traits, not least their petrochemical origin, scarce supply, and the fact that they can be pollutants that create waste.
At the same time companies need to demonstrate more sustainable manufacturing processes with a reduced environmental impact.
So how can you meet the growing demand for pharmaceuticals with cost-effective fine chemicals that leave no impact on our planet, its people, and animals?
Achieve more with oxidoreductases
Oxidoreductases are a class of enzyme that catalyze the transfer of electrons from the reductant molecule, also called the electron donor, to the electron acceptor, also called the oxidant. Novozymes offers specific sub-classes of these enzymes including peroxidases, catalases and laccases. Peroxidases (catalases), or peroxide reductases, play a vital role in breaking down peroxides thereby offering a safe and sustainable process. Laccases oxidize various phenols, anilines, benzenethiols, metal ion complexes and other compounds into quinones and other oxidized compounds.
Oxidoreductase application areas
- Paxlovid: Synthesis of Nirmatrelvir (intermediate) for amine oxidative desymmetryzation
- Synthesis of Boceprevir for amine oxidative desymmetryzation
- Synthesis of aminonaphthoquinones for a series of anti-cancer drugs (e.g. Actinomycin, Mitomycin C, Rifamycin, Geldanamycin, Streptonigrin, etc.)
- Cephalosporin and its derivatives
- Hair bleaching/dyeing products as a substitute for H2O2
Get expert advice on how to get started on your biocatalysis transition
We’re happy to put you in touch with our industry experts for advice on optimizing your process or finding the right solution or sample to meet your needs. Book a no-obligation meeting with our experts today and let them help you to:
- Identify the right products or product class for your biocatalysis applications
- Get technical support related to screening and selection of relevant enzyme samples to be tested in new experimental applications
- Demonstrate the financial and environmental benefits of transitioning from chemicals to biocatalysis
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions
With the world’s largest and most diverse collection of enzyme strains, coupled with a global, robust and reliable supply, Novozymes is here to help you unlock the full potential of your biocatalysis route and make your manufacturing processes more sustainable.