Biostimulants Products Industry Alliance (BPIA)
The Biological Products Industry Alliance (BPIA) promotes the responsible development of safe and effective biological products including biopesticides, biostimulants, and biofertilizers. Novozymes is a member company and works on advocating for biostimulants.
Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
BIO is the world’s largest trade association representing biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the US and in more than 30 other nations. BIO believes in mitigating climate change through legislation and has helped pass tax incentives that spur the development of renewable energy projects and associated feedstocks. Novozymes chairs the Industrial and Environmental (I&E) Biotechnology section, as well as the Government Relations and Communications Committees and works to encourage the development of technologies that make lives and environment cleaner, safer and healthier.
China Business and Biodiversity Partnership (CBBP)
China Business and Biodiversity Partnership (CBBP) was established on International Biodiversity Day on 22nd May 2019 and Novozymes was one of the first members to join CBBP. CBBP is initiated by Cooperation Center of Foreign Affairs of Ministry of Ecology and Environment of China, aiming at bridging members and government to have dialogues on biodiversity protection and sustainable utilization related policies, laws and standards. It will also support members to evaluate biodiversity risks and share best practices through the global network.
Confederation of Indian Industries (CII)
CII is an industry body in India that works to create a sustainable environment conducive to the growth of industries in India. Novozymes is a member of CII’s Climate Change Council and chairs CII’s Bioenergy committee that works on promoting bioenergy in the Indian market.
Danish Environment Technology Association (DETA)
The main objective of the Danish Environmental Technology Association (DETA) is to advance solutions to global environmental challenges on the top of the political agenda nationally, in the EU and internationally. As a member of the Partnership for Sustainable Biorefineries, led by the Danish Environment Technology Association, Novozymes collaborates with other influential industry players to make advanced bioeconomy and biorefining a Danish priority.
European Biostimulants Industry Council (EBIC)
Novozymes is a member of European Biostimulants Industry Council (EBIC), whose mission is to promote the contribution of plant biostimulants, to make agriculture more sustainable and resilient. Through this, Novozymes aims to promote a conducive environment that favors growth of biostimulant market.
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
FICCI is an association of business organizations in India that acts as a conduit for government–industry exchange and facilitates business-to-business linkages for trade and investment. Novozymes is a member of FICCI’s subcommittee on crop protection chemicals through which we advocate for biostimulant policy in line with global standards and promote sustainable bioagricultural solutions.
Novozymes is the founding member of Fuels America which is a coalition of organizations committed to protecting America’s Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) and promoting homegrown biofuels that are good for the U.S. economy. Through Fuels America, Novozymes advocates for increasing consumer access to low-carbon biofuels.
HelloScience is a radical collaborative innovation and project development platform founded by Novozymes in 2017. It aims to drive collaborative innovation in new ways, framing activities using the UN SDGs. In November and December 2019, a fully revised HelloScience platform was launched.
International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is the world’s largest business organization, representing more than 45 million companies in over 100 countries. Novozymes supports the work of ICC, notably in the areas of sustainable development, climate change and the environment. Novozymes chairs ICC’s Commission on Environment and Energy since March 2018 and has been actively engaged with the commission in supporting numerous climate change advocacy and business engagement efforts.
Partnering for Green Growth (P4G) and the Global Goals 2030
P4G – Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 – is an initiative commenced in 2018, with the ambition of becoming the world’s leading forum for developing concrete public-private partnerships at scale to deliver on the SDGs and the Paris Climate Agreement. The five key focus area of P4G are food and agriculture, water, energy, cities and circular economy. Novozymes is a business partner in this initiative.
The GC3 Sustainable Chemistry Alliance
Novozymes is a founding member of the GC3 Sustainable Chemistry Alliance (GC3SCA) which is a diverse group of companies reflecting the entire breadth of the sustainable chemistry value chain and advocates for federal policies that support green chemistry. Together with GC3SCA, Novozymes has been advocating the passage of the Sustainable Chemistry Research and Development Act through participation in congressional meetings, briefings and hearings.
United States Council for International Business (USCIB)
The United States Council for International Business (USCIB) is an independent business advocacy group of some 300 multinational companies, law firms and business associations. It works to promote free trade and provides its members access to international policy makers and regulatory authorities. Advocacy for sustainable development is one of the important focus areas of USCIB. Novozymes remains strongly engaged with USCIB on areas of sustainable development and business contribution.
Additional examples on Novozymes advocacy efforts
The 2018 Farm Bill in the US - Plant Biostimulants and Energy Title
The Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, also known as the 2018 Farm Bill, was signed into law on December 20, 2018, and provides the first statutory language regarding plant biostimulants in any law in the United States. This is a major step forward for biostimulant products. Novozymes, as a member of the Biostimulant Products Industry Alliance (BPIA), advocated for the biostimulant language to be included in the final bill. The Energy Title primarily focuses on support for renewable energy—particularly agriculture-related energy—as well as energy efficiency and bioproducts (e.g., cleaning supplies). The Energy Title includes relevant government programs including; Biobased Markets Program ("BioPreferred”), the Biorefinery Assistance Program, the Biomass Crop Assistance Program, the Biomass Research & Development Initiative, the Biodiesel Fuel Education Program, the Carbon Utilization and Biogas Education Program, the Bioenergy Program for Advanced Biofuels Program, and the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP). The intent of the Farm Bill Energy title program is to be cross-cutting and cost-effective, in revitalizing the rural economy in the U.S. through applications of biomass for energy.
National Biofuels Policy, India
Novozymes supports the National Biofuels policy that was announced in 2018. We are helping the advancement of the biorefineries through our thought leadership within the biofuel space. Our expert input in this area has been appreciated by the Indian oil companies who are currently building 2G refineries in India.
Industry Associations, Multi-stakeholder, Business Interest Groups and Research Organizations
- AMCHAM - American Chamber of Commerce for Brazil - China
- AMCHAM - American Chamber of Commerce for Brazil – Denmark
- AMCHAM - American Chamber of Commerce for Brazil – Brasília
- Asia Business Forum
- Association of Biotech Led Enterprises (ABLE)
- American Danish Business Council in the US
- American Chamber of Commerce in China
- Associação Brasileira de Bioinovação (AABI- Brazilian Bio-innovation association)
- Associação Brasileira da Indústria de Produtos Limpeza Afins (ABIPLA-Brazilian Association of Cleaning Products Industry and related)
- Associação Brasileira da Indústria e Comércio de Ingredientes e Aditivos para Alimentos (ABIAM-Brazilian Association of Industry and Commerce of Food Ingredients and Additives)
- Associação Brasileira das Indústrias de Queijo (ABIQ-Brazilian Association of Cheese Industries)
- Bio-based Industries Consortium (BIC)
- BIO - Biotechnology Industry Organization - LATAM - Brasília
- BioBased Industries Joint Undertaking
- Biopesticide Industry Alliance
- Beijing Association of Enterprises with Foreign Investment
- CEO Water Mandate
- China Nutrition and Health Food Association
- CropLife America (BioAg)
- CBPG - Comitê Brasileiro do Pacto Global - São Paulo
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- China Association for Foreign Investment Enterprises
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) - Bioenergy Mission
- Danish American Business Forum in DK
- Danish Chamber of Commerce in China
- Danish Biorefining Alliance
- Danish Chinese Business Forum
- Dansk Erhverv
- Danish Chamber of Commerce in Brazil
- EBIC - European Biostimulants Industry Consortium
- Enzyme Technical Association US
- ESA - European Seed Association
- EU Biobased Industries
- European Union Chamber of Commerce in China (EUCCC)
- Fuels America
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce (FICCI)
- Global Harvest Initiative
- Partnering for the Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 (P4G)
- Green Chemistry and Commerce Council (GC3)
- Grocery Manufacturers Association
- Global Compact Network China
- Inter-American Development Bank
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Indian-Danish Business Forum in Denmark
- Jiangsu Provincial Association of Enterprises with Foreign Investment
- Maarberg Energy Concept
- National Farmers Union
- Public Affairs Council (FTO)
- Radley Yeldar
- Science Based Targets Network - Freshwater Hub
- Sustainable Apparel Coalition
- Business at OECD (earlier BIAC)
- Tianjin Association of Enterprises with Foreign Investment (TJAEFI）
- United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) Global and Local Affiliates
- United States Council for International Business (USCIB)
- UN Caring for Climate
- World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Zhong Guan Cun Foreign Investors Association
Multi-stakeholder, Alliances / Business Interest Groups
- American Cleaning Institute
- American Ethanol Coalition
- Association of Manufacturers & Formulators of Enzyme Products (AMFEP)
- Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- China Cleaning Industry Association
- China Knitting Industry Association
- China Printing and Dyeing Industry Association
- CNI - Confederação Nacional da Indústria - Brasília
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Der Backzutatenverband
- European Federation of Biotechnology
- European Fruit Juice Association (AIJN)
- European Snacks Association
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry - FICCI
- Forening for sæbe, Parfume og Tekniske artikler
- Growth Energy
- Guangdong Textile Industry Association
- International Association for Soaps, Detergents and Maintenance Products (AISE)
- International Biocontrol Manufacturers' Association (IBMA)
- International Federation of Fruit Juice Producers
- North Carolina Biosciences Organization
- The European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC)
- União Nacional do Etanol de Milho (UNEM-National Union of Corn Ethanol)
- US BIO
- Akademie for de tekniske videnskaber
- NC Biotechnology Center
- Research Institute of Daily Chemical Industry (RIDCI)
- The Sustainability Consortium (TSC)